Search This Blog

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Introductions Part II

Hello readers,

My name is Jeffrey "KaoticDragon" Dee and I will hopefully be a frequent contributing writer for Tim's production here. I have recently dived into the fighting game community and have been entranced by it, so I am aspiring to combine mainstream media journalism with the community in order to help contribute towards you guys.

Although most writings involving video games I do are pretty casual reviews I put out to my friends to hopefully influence in their buying decision of a new release, I am very excited to be writing a much more intimate and in-depth style that Tim's and my major, Literary Journalism, provides.

Coincidentally, my first experience with the fighting game community was a profile on the one and only Alex "CaliPower" Valle. My roommate had been going to Wednesday Night Fights sessions back when they were being hosted in people's garages, and I figured what a cool story idea for one of my senior workshops. Turns out, Valle's story and his entire operation ended up influencing me a lot as well. I'll be sure to put up the piece later on, although it will have to be split into different parts since it was a 17 page story. Still, hope you guys look forward to what this site will offer in the near future and whatever may come of this, I hope you keep reading and possibly contribute as well.

Here's to the rise of a new form of gaming media,
Jeffrey Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment