Search This Blog

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Introductions

Dear Reader,
First off, I'm not a professional writer. I'm an aspiring journalist and fighting game player. On the up and coming, hopefully. I don't just dabble in both, I do both with high passion and intensity. Sports-writing is my forte but I'm confident that I can help out the fighting game scene with the writing and descriptions that it deserves. Hopefully this gains ground. I will want to get contributors who I believe are more than qualified to take on literary or hard journalism regarding this community. I think the current flow of articles (in newspapers or online periodicals), or lack of any, is discouraging. The articles and podcast that are now being launched is a step in the right direction.
As of right now, I'm limited to being in Southern California. Fortunately for this location, I am lucky to be around a solid talent pool and a plethora (by USA standards) of arcades that are available for interviews and investigations. In the next coming weeks, I will be working diligently on providing high quality long form pieces on certain aspects of the community that can help shed light on the passion that members in this scene see on a day-to-day basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment